So this weeks recipe of the week is a fragrant Chicken & prawn Quinoa stir fry favoured with Lemongrass, coriander, garlic and Chilli. Quinoa is naturally gluten-free and contains iron, B-vitamins, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, vitamin E and fiber. It is one of only a few plant foods that are considered a complete protein and comprised of all essential amino acids. Basically it’s very bloody good for you, simple as that.
Chicken & Prawn Oriental Quinoa
- 10g coconut oil
- 1 glove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 frech chill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lemongrass paste
- 1 tsp coriander paste
- 1 Large chicken breast, cut into strips
- 100g fresh prawns
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1 small courgette
- 150g cooked, cold quinoa
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp linseeds
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 3 -4 large cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- Small bunch of fresh coriander and a wedge of fresh lime
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non stick Wok
- Throw in the garlic, chilli & lemongrass paste over a low - medium heat for 1 -2 minutes
- Add the onion for another minute or two followed by the chicken breast
- Stir fry everything for 4 - 5 minutes adding salt & pepper to taste
- Add the green and red pepper for 2 - 3 minutes then the courgette for another 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked Quinoa and stir though for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Make a well in the middle and crack the egg in it, scramble it up until cooked and then stir into the rest of the ingredients
- Add the prawns and the coriander paste and stir it all up for 1 - 2 minutes
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle over the linseeds, sesame seeds and chopped cashew
- Garnish with the fresh coriander & Lime.
- Substitue veggie for your favourite, or meat/prawns for your favourite or even try it just veggie, tofu or quorn would work too.
Liv Life http://livlifecoaching.co.uk/